Creative Collision: Secrets to Successful Websites
Question: What makes a website successful?
The truth is, there are NO SECRETS to what makes a website successful. Industry experts seem to agree that a busy work-day means a website must be “simple, simple, simple,” says Shannon McMillan, senior art buyer of GSD&M.
In this Creative Collision video, watch industry creatives and photographers share their thoughts on what makes a website successful, including:
- Why you must understand your audience. How you can cater your site’s features to your audience.
- Scrolling vs. clicking. Uncover which works best for creatives on rep sites and artist sites, and why.
- What being visible means. Where you can promote your website based on the various sources creatives use to find talent.
Creative Collision on Vimeo: Secrets of Successful Websites
Participants include Alyssa Adams of TV Guide Magazine, Kat Dalager of Campbell Mithun, photographer Nick Onken, Shawn Smith – freelance Art Producer, Shannon McMillan of GSD&M, Belinda Lopez of Razorfish, Amie Valentine of Amie Valentine (formerly of Saatchi & Saatchi) and Allen Murabayashi of PhotoShelter.
About Creative Collision
Creative Collision is an Agency Access produced video series that exposes artists to top industry experts, first-hand. This series answers artist questions sent to us by photographers and illustrators like you. The Creative Collision team of leading industry consultants, Jennifer Kilberg, Suzanne Sease, and Amanda Sosa Stone, interviewed top reps, art producers, art directors, creative directors and artists to get the answers to your burning questions.
1. Designing and Updating Your Website as an Artist
2. Dialogues Podcast: Template vs. Custom Websites: The Great Debate (Part 3)
3. 3 Steps to Attracting the Right Audience to Your Website